Bread

Bread 

This recipe is from Maria Reynolds. In church growing up for a few years she was in charge of bringing the bread for sacrament and it was always her yummy homemade bread. You only take a small broken piece of bread and I always wanted to just grab a whole handful. After her another woman Marlynn Peterson brought her homemade bread. Also delicious. Maybe that was an unknown prerequisite for their husbands calling. Jk jk. I now am in her daughters ward and she brought me dinner after I had my baby and I just savored the bread. I had to get the recipe. It's the best and easiest recipe. I half the recipe because I don't have 6 bread pans. I fill 2 regular pans and 4 small.


Makes 6 loaves.

Bread
8 C. water 
3 TBSP. salt 
1 C. oil 
1/2 C. sugar 
18 C. flour 
3 TBSP. yeast

Combine water, oil, salt, sugar, yeast, and 5 cups flour. Let sit for 10 minutes. Then add the rest of the flour. Knead. (I just mix it in my bosch.) Spray pans. Section it out. Roll it out about 1-2 inches thick. Then roll up and place in pan. Let raise again for about 30 minutes. Bake at 375 for 30 min. (Less for the small pans.)

*I always start my yeast in warm water and sugar first. Then add it in. I don't trust yeast. I guess I don't have the faith it will just do its job if I add it straight in. 

Comments

Popular Posts