Blackberry Cobbler

Blackberry Cobbler 


 I tried 2 new recipes this weekend and they were so good. This one I saw on Facebook and Jennifer Garner and her mom were making it on her "not cooking show" it's called Mrs. Lantz's Blackberry Cobbler. I loved it. I used a bag of frozen mixed berry fruit. I think the thing the things that sealed the deal for me was the almond extract- I love almond extract. 


  • 4 cups blackberries
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 tsp almond extract
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 6 Tbsp butter

Directions:

  1. Prepare a 9×6 (inch) baking dish and preheat oven to 425F (about 220C).
  2. Rinse blackberries and plop them in the dish. Mom doesn’t care if you dry them.
  3. Drizzle lemon juice and almond extract over top of the blackberries.
  4. Mix together sugar, flour, salt and egg. It will be chunky.
  5. Spread the mixture evenly over the blackberries.
  6. Melt butter and drizzle over top of everything.
  7. Bake for 25 minutes—until golden and bubbling.
  8. Serve with vanilla ice cream for the dreamiest outcome.
  9. Yum.

Comments

Popular Posts