Homemade Soft Pretzels

 Homemade Soft Pretzels 

I love soft pretzels. Why don't I make them everyday. Well right now I'm doing keto-ish... and am trying to avoid obvious carbs. I got this recipe from Janae, she got it from.. I don't know. Ha ha. The recipe says handmadefarmhouse.com maybe that's her friends blog?? I don't know. As I'm writing out this recipe I don't agree with the measurements so I'm going to edit as I go. 


Homemade Soft Pretzels 

1 C. warm water 

2 1/4 tsp yeast ( oh my gosh this is my pet peeve just put in 1 TBSP. 3tsp is 1 TBSP. and that much more yeast is not going to hurt anything. I really hate it when I see 3 tsp. of whatever. It's 1 TBSP. duh.)

1 TBSP.  sugar 

2 1/2 C. flour 

kosher salt or sea salt for sprinkling 

Pretzel water bath: 

2 C. warm water 

2 TBSP. baking soda 

In a medium bowl, ad warm water, yeast, and sugar. Stir to combine. Let mixture activate for 5 minutes, the yeast will be foamy. 

Next add salt and flour, one cup at a time while mixing. The dough should just be pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Sprinkle counter with flour. Knead the dough into the flour until it's not sticky and becomes smooth. 

Spray a medium bowl with cooking spray and set the dough in the bowl. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. 

Preheat oven to 450. 

Grease counter top for dough. Cut the dough in half and half again keep doing until you get 8 even pieces. This is if you are going to roll out and shape your pretzels. I usually just roll out thin lines to cut bites. Twist your pretzel shape. 

Spray a cookie sheet. Boil your water and baking soda in a small pot. Put your dough in the water for a few seconds on each side. Then set on cookie sheet. Top with your flavor. Butter and salt, cinnamon and sugar, or ranch.

Let the pretzels rise. Bake pretzels for 8-10 minutes. They will be golden brown. 

Comments

Popular Posts